Please see the volunteer opportunities and descriptions below. Please contact Denelle Fedor via email at email@example.com or by phone at 408-535-4993 to register to volunteer. The deadline to register is Friday; June 21st. All volunteers must sign a liability form. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to sign a liability form for you. No one is allowed to volunteer without signing a liability form, no exceptions.
Volunteering is a great way to earn community service hours for your school or company. Please ask Denelle for further information.
You are free to volunteer multiple days and multiple times. You are also free to volunteer only part of the timeframe. For example, if the volunteer time needed is 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM, list the hours within this timeframe you are available (the entire time, part of the time, etc.) and/or, if want to help set up on July 3rd, volunteer on July 4th and clean up on July 5th this is acceptable and helpful too! Please contact Denelle for any questions.
Please note, we are not accepting volunteer sign up’s after June 21st.
Wednesday, July 3rd
(1) Event Set Up 7:30 PM to 8:30/45 PM (@Almaden Lake-Winfield Side Parking Lot)
Volunteers needed to help fill up sand bags, set up and secure tables, tents, chairs and signage.
Thursday, July 4th
(1) Event Decoration Set Up 8:30/9:00 am to 11:30 am (@Almaden Lake-Winfield Side Parking Lot)
Volunteers needed to cover tables in festival area, put up decorations, put up remaining signage and set up a few booths and possibly misc. needs.
(2) Letters to the Soldiers Table (1:00 PM until 8:45 PM) (@Almaden Lake-Winfield Side Parking Lot) We set up tables with stationery, envelopes, crayons, and other items for folks to write letters to our active military
soldiers. Volunteers are needed to oversee the tables, ensure tables stay clean and organized, assist children and families with questions, and provide a positive and fun environment.
(3) Selling Beverages (3:00 PM to 8:00 PM) (@Almaden Lake-Winfield Side Parking Lot) We need numerous volunteers to help sell beverages. This is a fun activity for a family to do together, siblings, parent/child, etc.
(4) 9:30 PM (or immediately after the fireworks end) We need 3 volunteers (must be 18 years old or older or partnered with an adult) to turn on 3 lights stationed in 3 separate areas of the park IMMEDIATELY after the fireworks.
(5) Festival Area (8:30 PM and if needed, immediately after the fireworks) (@Almaden Lake-Winfield Side Parking Lot) We need help taking down the tents, tables, chairs, etc., after the event is over. With enough help, this will only take about 30 minutes or less.
(6) Misc. help (2:00 PM to 8:45 PM) If you do not see an area where you feel you could help out, but you want to help, no worries, we can find a job for you. Please contact Denelle Fedor Denelle.firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other opportunities.
Friday, July 5th—Park Clean Up (1) Park Clean Up (8:00 AM to 1:00 PM) (Meet @Almaden Lake-Winfield Side Parking Lot) Please bring gloves, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. Bags, litter sticks, vests and any other items needed to pick up garbage will be provided. We have coffee, juice and breakfast items upon your arrival.
For information on how to volunteer or questions, contact Denelle Fedor at 408-535-4993 or by email at email@example.com
Remember to Thank a Soldier for keeping our country safe and free!
Message from Councilmember Johnny Khamis:
Join us for the 6th Annual 4th of July 2019 Family Fun Festival and Firework Show at Almaden Lake & Park!
Almaden Valley Art & Wine Festival 2018
I hope you are as excited as I am for our Annual Family Fun Festival and Firework Show at the Almaden Lake Park. Given the city's safety-related ban on the use of personal fireworks, this public event offers families and people of all ages and backgrounds a safe place to celebrate the birth of our nation. This patriotic, fun-filled, family-friendly event (no alcohol is served or allowed) is a great way to spend July 4th celebrating—the United States of America—and recognizing our Veterans and active duty Soldiers.
Craig Cutright along with Bob Vonderwerth, both District 10 residents of the Blossom Valley area of San Jose, are producing this fantastic firework display.
DATE: Thursday July 4, 2019
TIME: 3 P.M, Fireworks will begin about 30 minutes after sunset
LOCATION: Almaden Lake Park
To donate online to the 6 th Annual July 4th Family Fun Festival, please click on this link, https://www.almadenwomen.org/gallery
Listed below are ways that you, your family, friends and neighbors can contribute to this successful, patriotic community event!
Almaden Valley Art & Wine Festival 2018
Date: Sunday, September 16, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Where: Almaden Lake Park, 6099 Windfield Blvd, San Jose, CA 95120
Copyright © San Jose District 10 Council Office
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Thank you to this year's Major "Firecracker" Sponsors:
Other Ways YOU can help with the July 4th Family Fun Festival & Firework Show listed below:
Please see above for volunteer opportunities
We support and ENCOURAGE everyone to walk/bike, use public transportation! Parking is limited.
The following items WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT Almaden Lake Park at anytime on July 4th.
NO Illegal Fireworks - Offenders risk being FINED a MINIMUM of $500 or more
NO Pets, NO emotional support animals
TENTS MUST be secured/staked into the ground or you risk having the tent removed.
TENTS MUST be taken down at or before 6:00 PM
ABSOLUTELY-NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULES.
If the RULES are not followed, the offender runs the risk of being cited and having the items in question removed from their person and the possibility of being arrested by the San Jose Police Department.
Almaden Valley Women's Club (AVWC) turns 53 years old this year. They started the festival when Almaden was still home to an abundance orchards and ranches. Now, over 50 years later, the festival is one of the longest continuously run festivals produced by a non-profit in CA.
Join me and my family by attending Almaden’s own annual Art & Wine Festival. And, a BIG Thank You to the AVWC for all the hard work they do to ensure the festival is a successful event each year.